Thursday, October 29, 2009

Guido Gettogether '09

This trip turned out to be one of the best things I have done in recent history. It was a four or five day shindig, filled with a lot of rain, train rides, broken planes, and good friends.

I got in to Newark two or so hours late, thanks to a broken plane in Minneapolis, where I swear to God, found out where the vikings ended up. Shit you not, I may have been the smallest human there. What surprised me was there was not a viking riot following the news that our plane was busted.

I went to eat some AandW and tried to avoid techno vikings.

While waiting for the NJ Transit to get to Penn. Station and eventually Brooklyn, I met two nice spanish senioritas and a girl from CA. The girl from CA almost got off in the hood thinking that she got to Penn. I explained to her that for her own safety she should probably not get off, because she would meet this guy most likely guaranteed.

The first day was the only skateboarding day, with Mike Lau, my dear Hawaiian friend who housed me in Brooklyn, and who filmed a lot of this:


We went to a bunch of swank night spots and what you you generally expect from a New York trip. -An unmarked bar that was part of a secret club, and Mike got word of via a japanese model. -East village spots -ect.







Then my cousin Jess came to get me and take me to Queens, where we had a little family reunion. Ate proper, got proper.
Mike took these:



The offender from the video: Zoey:




Then off to New Jersey to see G-pa





I tried to talk him into cracking a bottle of wine he made in 1961.


1 comment:

  1. You like you had a lot of fun! Good :)

    -alex

    ReplyDelete